Eating at Hidcote
Whether you're after a quick alfresco snack or a spot of afternoon tea, Hidcote has a variety of places for you to sit and enjoy your surroundings whilst tucking into some delicious food and drink.
Eating At Hidcote
Our cafés serve fresh seasonal delights daily.
Exploring 10.5 acres of inspiring gardens or walking in the beautiful countryside around Hidcote can be a little tiring. It’s important to keep your energy levels up.
Choose a hearty lunch from our seasonally changing menu in Winthrop’s Café or if you fancy something lighter sample a cup of tea and a delicious slice of homemade cake in our Barn Cafe.
If you have a special dietary requirement, let us know and we will do our best to help.
Named after Gertrude Winthrop, Lawrence Johnston’s mother, Winthrop’s Café provides a relaxing and homely space to think about what you have seen, compare notes or simply catch up with family and friends.
Please note normal admission fees apply to the restaurant and we’re sorry, but only assistance dogs are welcomed into Winthrop’s Café.
• Opening and closing times match those of the garden
• A bacon roll with tea or coffee is a great start to the day
• Hot meals served 12 – 2.30pm, subject to availability
• Soup, deli rolls and light bites served 12 noon to 4pm daily, subject to availability
• Treat yourself to a Sunday roast, subject to availability
• Scones, cakes, tray bakes, hot and cold drinks available all day
• Children’s meals available upon request
• Indoor or patio seating available – when the sun is shining!
• Free Wi-Fi available
Winthrop’s is situated within the garden so visitors have to pay the normal admission fee to use this café. Dogs aren’t allowed in the garden, however, there are a wide range of dog friendly walks in the countryside surrounding Hidcote and they are welcome at the Barn Cafe.
Barn Café (Grab and Go)
Open during our peak season, the Barn Café is more informal than Winthrop’s serving freshly made soup, sandwiches, scones, cakes, tray bakes and drinks throughout the day.
Located in our Plant Centre, you are welcome to use the Barn Café even if you are not planning to visit the garden itself, so if your walk or bike ride brings you to Hidcote or you’re just driving by, call in. We look forward to seeing you. The café is also dog friendly – muddy boots and paws are welcome.
The Barn Café is open 10am to 5pm – April to September, weather dependent.
Here at Hidcote, we like to keep things simple. So a lot of our food is sourced locally to keep our food miles down and support local, reputable producers. In addition, our kitchen garden produces seasonal fruits and vegetables for us. You will find a blackboard in the entrance to Winthrop’s Café, which will tell you the kitchen garden produce we are using on the day of your visit.
Our local suppliers include:
• David Moore - Butcher – Mickleton, Gloucestershire
• Spot Logins – Organic ice-cream – Evesham, Worcestershire
• Dangerfield – Baker – Stroud, Gloucestershire
• Purity - Micro Brewer – Great Alne, Warwickshire