February half-term at Hinton Ampner
School’s out, the frost is starting to fade away and a little garden colour is just beginning to make its way through the weather. It’s the perfect time to make your first foray of the year into the great outdoors and enjoy some precious time with the family over the half-term holiday. Grab your wellies and your warmest woollies and head out to explore the fabulous house and gardens at Hinton Ampner as spring begins to work its magic.
Find more outdoor adventures
The garden is full of nooks and crannies, winding paths and 'hidden' places like the Dell. If you visit the walled kitchen garden you'll find Hinton's (not very scary but actually quite friendly) scarecrow alongside his little dog, looking after the veg patch.
Hinton’s spacious parkland is a great place to run off some energy. There's 80 acres to find adventures, play games or hunt for wildlife. Make sure you snap up a 50 things to do before you’re 11¾ booklet. It’s filled with fun nature-themed challenges some of which you’ll only be able to enjoy at this time of year.
We’ve got buggy-friendly gravel and woodchip paths around the garden, but it’s likely you’ll encounter some mud if you wander further afield. We’d suggest the family dress for the weather with wellies or walking boots strongly recommended, even if you’re not walking very far. If you're planning on pushing a buggy through the park just ask our team at Visitor Reception for the best routes to take. If it’s been raining a lot, you’ll probably need an all-terrain buggy to reach our woods.
Family friendly checklist
To help you plan your visit we’ve put together a short list of extra info that we think you might find useful:
- Children under 5 go free
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are also available
- Highchairs available in the café
- We can provide colouring equipment to help keep little ones entertained
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop