What to expect when you visit Lacock
The Abbey grounds at Lacock are now open, in line with government guidance and with social distancing measures in place. Here's what to expect, how to book and how to cancel your visit.
To keep everyone safe, we have social distancing measures in place which mean your visit may be slightly different than what you're used to:
- The Abbey grounds, Stables cafe and High Street shop are open.
- Please book your tickets to visit in advance. Members can book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.
- You don't need to book a space in the car park.
- There is a sign-posted, one-way route around the Abbey grounds. Please follow the signs.
- Toilets, including accessible toilets, are open by the Stables cafe (in the village) and in the Abbey courtyard. We will be cleaning these throughout the day and may need to close them temporarily.
- The Abbey rooms, Cloister, Fox Talbot Museum, greenhouse and Courtyard tea-room remain closed.
- The safety of our staff, volunteers, visitors and local communities remains our priority. We urge people to follow government guidance and stay local.
You can take a photo of the one-way route map at visitor reception, or download a copy below.
Limited parking is available for pre-booked ticket holders only in the Hither Way car park. After parking your car, follow the one-way route to visitor reception.
At visitor reception, please show your ticket to the National Trust team. If you're a member, you'll also need to show your membership card.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive at visitor reception within your 30-minute timeslot and do not stay for longer than one hour. Sadly, if you're more than 10 minutes late, we won't be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of Lacock's staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit, and look out for signs while you're here that will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
If you're showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don't visit.
The one-way route around the Abbey grounds is mostly acessible to buggies, wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Some paths are unsurfaced, so alternative routes are clearly signposted to help you avoid these areas if you need to.
Assistance dogs are welcome across the site.
Accessible toilets are available in the Abbey courtyard and by the Stables cafe (in the village). The toilet by the Stables cafe requires a RADAR key.
Further access information is available in our access statement:
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.