A touch of formality
The fabulous formal parterre
brings a real touch of grandeur to the gardens. Take a stroll through the neat, planted beds and check out the cheeky cherubs on the urns.
Our garden team work throughout the year to maintain our herbaceous borders
and keep them filled with flowers and fragrant plants. Take the weight off your feet in the seating area and enjoy the results of our labour.
Up on high
You're sure to find a peaceful spot in our higher gardens
to enjoy your surroundings. Don't forget to visit the thatched cottage, where one of the Victorian gardeners lived and died. You can find out more about the historic gardeners and about garden planning here.
Lanhydrock is famous for its fabulous magnolia trees which are found all around the higher gardens.We've even got a magnolia arch
by the thatched cottage, which you can walk through to explore the higher gardens.
Ask the team
The garden team work throughout the week so you're likely to spot one of us going about our tasks as you walk around the gardens. We're always happy to help, so make the most of the opportunity to ask us about the plants you see or for tips on how we keep the place looking so lovely.
Enjoyable for everyone...
- Benches and lawns provide places to rest and take in your surroundings
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow - just ask at reception or the Gatehouse
- You're welcome to picnic on the lawns or at the picnic benches in the grounds
- Bring a ball or kite and have fun with the kids
- Join a free garden tour with one of our volunteer guides from March to October