Learning opportunities in the Peak District
The Moorland Discovery Centre is set in the grounds of the beautiful Longshaw Estate surrounded by some of the most spectacular areas of the Peak District National Park.
The estate is made up of large areas of moorland, woodland, farmland, streams and ponds.
The centre delivers high quality curriculum based environmental education as well as family and community events. It can also be booked by groups who wish to run their own meetings or courses.
The Moorland Discovery Centre is run in partnership between the National Trust and the Peak District National Park.
• Large classroom (60 children) with coach parking
• Toilets (1 girls, 1 boys and 1 disabled)
• Hand washing
• Private grounds
• Access to Longshaw Estate and Burbage Valley
• Bespoke programmes available
School visits take place between 10am to 2.30pm; this is flexible and the centre is open all year round.
What we offer
We offer a wide range of outdoor education across all key stages. We can also develop bespoke programmes that meet your learner’s needs.
We provide a detailed outline of all our programmes and hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge.
For detailed, up to date information on programmes for Early Years, Foundation, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 school visits, please click here.
Family and community work
We run many programmes from the centre that meet the varied needs of community and family groups. We aim to develop lifelong learning opportunities that encourage groups of all ages to experience and enjoy the Peak District National Park. Please contact us if you and your group would like to organise an educational fun day out at the Longshaw Estate.
Contact and booking information
Moorland Discovery Centre
Telephone: 01433 637907
Email: email@example.com send us an email
- 'A fantastic day that was relevant to our topic. The children loved every minute. Well planned, well thought out activities that were so appropriate to our age group.' Oughtibridge Primary
- 'Both children and parents absolutely loved it. Very impressed with the facilities and the organisation.' Nether Green Infants
- 'A fantastic resource that we will make very good use of this year. We will be back but with children next time!' Wybourn Primary