Visiting Lytes Cary Manor with your dog
Like us, dogs love nothing more than a day trip to see and experience new places. The estate at Lytes Cary Manor has lots of walks that make the ideal leg-stretch for our canine companions, but there are a few things to remember when talking a walk.
Where can my dog go?
Dogs on leads are welcome on the estate at Lytes Cary. There are plenty of options, with three waymarked walks to follow. Only assistance dogs are allowed in the formal garden.
If you're exploring the estate, there may be sheep or cattle about. Dogs need to be kept on a lead when sheep are about, so that they don’t chase or worry our wooly friends. If cattle are about, dogs should be kept under close control or on a lead.
Our definition of close control is:
- Being able to recall your dogs in any situation at the first call.
- Being able to clearly see your dog at all times (not just knowing they have gone into the undergrowth or over the crest of the hill). In practice this means keeping them on a footpath if the surrounding vegetation is too dense for your dog to be visible.
- Not allowing them to approach other visitors without their consent.
- Having a lead with you to use if you encounter livestock, wildlife or you are asked to use one.
We also have hooks in the tea-room courtyard under the parasols, where you can leave your dog safely tethered if you want to visit the toilets.
Where can't my dog go?
Assistance dogs only are allowed inside the formal garden. If you are unsure about where you can go with your pooch, please ask on arrival.
What do I need to be aware of at Lytes Cary Manor?
To make sure everyone has an enjoyable day please follow our Canine Code:
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your pup disturbing wildlife by keeping them on a lead.
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourite places beautiful.
- Paws for thought: look out for information signs and take extra care around livestock.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by.
Facilities available for my dog
You'll find water bowls in the courtyard. Dog bins can be found in strategic positions on the estate and in the car park, so please make use of them.
Below are some walking routes that your doggy might enjoy.