Mount Stewart owes so much to Frank Kingdon-Ward who collected in Burma, (Myanmar). An opportunity has arisen for us to go to some of the places he botanised. Help us afford the trip and enjoy a day of tours and lectures at Mount Stewart.
This is a one day series of tours and lectures. The speakers on the day will be:
Jimi Blake - a gardener, plantsman, and visionary creator of Hunting Brook Gardens.
Seamus O'Brien - Curator of Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens, botanical history author and plantsman.
Neil Porteous - Head of Gardens Mount Stewart and botanical traveler.
Schedule of the day:
- 11.00am Tour of Formal Gardens
- 12.00pm Tour Rhododendron Hill
- 1.00pm Buffet Lunch
- 2.00pm Introduction and Seamus O'Brien: 'A Botanical Scramblefor Africa - Plant Exploration in the Cape and the Drakensberg'.
- 3.10pm Jimi Blake: Gardening on the edge
- 4.15pm Tea & Coffee
- 4.30pm Neil Porteous: 'Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Nagaland - The Nearest I ever got to Myanmar!'
- 5.30pm Depart