Treasure Hunting at Mount Stewart
Geocaching is an exciting outdoor adventure for the whole family and Mount Stewart demesne is full of hidden digital treasure. All you need is a hand-held GPS or smartphone and a sense of adventure.
We’ve been working with a fantastic local geocache creator and you can now find the biggest cluster of geocaches in Northern Ireland at Mount Stewart.
With over 40 to find (and more to come) you can explore the new trails as we restore them and hunt for the caches which range from the simple classic to challenging themed puzzles relating to features, stories and people of the demesne.
All you need to do to get started is download the Geocaching app on a smart phone, log in and get hunting!
- You will need a GPS device (or smart phone) - don't forget batteries
- Find a cache near you on geocaching.com
- Choose a cache and enter the co-ordinates into your GPS
- Follow your GPS towards the spot - then use your wits to find it
- Fill out the log book and return the cache to its hiding place
- Log your find on geocaching.com and pick your next one!