Keep fit at Mount Stewart
We can't guarantee you'll do as well as the footman Arthur Inch. Working for a party, he once walked 18 miles without leaving the house once.
- Borrow a tracker pack at reception for some fun outdoor activities, or try our Red Squirrel Trail.
- Try going around the Lake Walk twice, once in each direction. You'll be surprised at how many new things you notice that you didn't see before. Or take as many detours as possible, via the Rhododendron Hill and Tir n’an Òg.
- Agree on a forfeit for each member of the family. For example, maybe Dad has to do five press-ups every time you see a squirrel, and Mum has to do a star jump for every duck you meet on the way.
- Invest in a pedometer to count your steps - compete with your family and friends for a high score.
- Park at the far end of the car park and walk up. You'll have time to take in the view of Strangford Lough and spot a few squirrels on the way, too.