Dogs at Quarry Bank
With over 400 acres of woodland and pasture to explore on paws and foot, Quarry Bank is an excellent place to visit for a day out with your dog.
Dogs in the Garden
We would like everyone to experience our beautiful gardens. Your furry friends are more than welcome to explore the gardens as long as they are kept on a lead. Dogs are welcome in the garden café.
Keeping your dog safe, and help us to protect birds, sheep and other livestock too
- Although your dog loves every muddy puddle, sight and smell, we would appreciate it if all dog waste could be picked up and thrown away. To help you with this there are dog waste bins near the main car park and the village car park. The woodlands and gardens are popular with families and are used by our local primary school so please help us to keep these areas clean and safe.
- Please keep dogs on a lead in Styal village. The paths through Styal are well-used by residents, visitors, school children and cars.
- The river Bollin is a great way to cool down for your four legged friend. However the current can be very strong – so please watch out!
- During bird nesting season (February - June) keep an eye out for ground-nesting birds across the estate.
- When approaching neighbouring farms with grazing lifestock please put your dog on a lead. Even the friendliest dogs, allowed off a lead, can become over-interested in sheep and lambs, so please help us to keep them safe.
- We have a few areas in Chapel Woods where we ask that dogs are kept on a lead. This is to help us prevent the spread Phytophthora, a disease which can infect the rare Rhododendrons on our estate. These areas are signposted.
So do come and visit, all well behaved canines and their responsible owners are welcome.