Saddlescombe Farm backpackers' campsite
The National Trust backpackers and cyclists campsite at Saddlescombe Farm on the South Downs opens from 1 April until 30 September.
- Share the peace of the downs: this is a quiet and dark site - no music or artificial light between 23:00 and 07:00
- Barbecues can be used as long as they are kept off the ground. Stones for raising disposable barbecues off the ground can be found by the fire extinguisher boxes. Please return them after use. We are sorry, but no other campfires are permitted anywhere at Saddlescombe Farm.
- Because of the shape of the valley, you may experience a poor mobile phone signal in the camping field. For a better signal follow the South Downs Way in either direction.
- Accessible toilet with wash hand basin on site; fresh water tap in the field
- This Google map shows the location of the campsite and the nearest pubs for evening meals
- Grid reference: TQ273113
- Explorer map: OL11
- Landranger map: 198