'As a Room and Garden Guide, I enjoy meeting people, listening to their interests and drawing on my knowledge of Shaw,' says Val. 'It is especially rewarding talking to visitors from abroad as many have a good knowledge of Shaw and his contemporaries.
'We have long been supporters of the National Trust and hoped that on retirement an opportunity would arise to help with its work. The added, and most important, ingredient was our interest in the theatre and [Terry] having worked for Shaw's country solicitor Ivo Curral. His infatuation with GBS was infectious!'
Welcoming visitors to Shaw's Corner and ensuring that they have a very enjoyable visit is key to our work.
Welcoming visitors and sharing your knowledge about Shaw, the house and collections.
Help bring the wonderful world of Shaw to life by sharing short play readings with our visitors.
Every month we have a volunteers' social and training event. From trips out to talks, the food is always great
Why volunteer at Shaw's Corner?
- It's a beautiful place to work
- You'll be part of a great team
- You'll develop new skills
- You'll make a real difference
- You can enjoy National Trust membership
- You'll help our visitors to enjoy their visit
- You can share your knowledge, energy and enthusiasm with others.