Eating and Shopping at Sheffield Park
*Please note this is an old page relating to COVID opening* Our Coach House tea-room is open 10am - 4pm, serving a selection of cakes, sandwiches and a limited hot food menu of soup and one pots. The seating area is re-open and to ensure social distancing we have removed many of the tables. Unfortunately during peak times this does mean that queues may be longer than usual. The Shant in the gardens is also open for takeaways.
Our shop has now re-opened selling a wide array of Christmas gifts, homeware, plants and National Trust favourites.
Our Coach House tea-room is open, serving a selection of cakes, sandwiches and a limited hot food menu of soup and one pots. You will find the Coach House located a short walk to the west of the main entrance - just follow the signposted path. You can leave the garden to use the tea-room throughout the day.
Our opening times are 10am - 4pm.
We've reorganised things to help keep everyone safe
- To ensure social distancing we have removed many of the tables in the tea-room and we aren't able to reserve tables in advance. Unfortunately this does mean that queues in the Coach House may be longer than usual. Staff will be on hand to help during busy times.
- Please wear a face covering when in the Coach House, unless you are seated at a table or exempt.
- We are pleased to be offering compostable tableware. Please help us by placing it in general waste after use where it will break down naturally.
- The toilets are open and we have put in place a queuing system to help ensure everyone's safety. During busy times this may involve queuing outside.
- We are currently only accepting card payments. Please use contactless where possible.
If you're wandering in the garden, why not visit The Shant for teas, coffees, cold drinks, sandwiches, scones, cream teas and snacks.
The Shant will be open from 10am - 3.30pm and accepting card payments only.
Following government advice we have removed the seating in The Shant but please do feel free to find a quiet bench or picnic spot within the gardens.
Whether you're buying a gift for yourself or a loved one, your support enables us to care for the nature, beauty and history here at Sheffield Park.
We've reorganised things to help keep everyone safe. You can visit the shop without booking for the gardens.
• Our shop is open and can be found in the reception building.
• Please wear a face covering when in the shop and reception building.
• We are operating a one-way system throughout the shop.
• We are limiting numbers to maintain social distancing
• We are currently only accepting card payments.
Special offer - our calendars, diaries and advent calendars are currently on special offer (whilst stocks last).
Cards and decorations for your home
There's plenty of choice for festive cards to send to friends and decorations to bring a lovely Christmassy feel to your home. Look out for beautiful wintery notecards inspired by our local East Sussex countryside, elegant strings of fairy lights, crafted wreaths and beautiful bunting. We even sell Christmas stockings.