Group visits to Sheffield Park
An ancient estate, once the gift of Kings and mentioned in the Domesday Book, Sheffield Park lies in the East Sussex countryside near Uckfield. With acres of landscape garden bordered by historic parkland and woodland, Sheffield Park is the ideal destination for groups interested in horticulture, history or those simply seeking a walk with friends in a magnificent garden followed by a spot of lunch and a slice of cake.
Alongside the gardens and lakes - which are the real stars of the show - a group trip to Sheffield Park also offers ample coach parking, a gift shop, plant sales area and a café serving delicious cakes and lunches.
- Please note that due to coronavirus restrictions larger parties may have to use the café seating area in smaller groups. We may also have to make changes to our groups booking policy at short notice in line with government guidance.
Useful Information and how to book
- All group visits need to be arranged in advance.
- Available times. We currently have two arrival time slots from Monday to Friday 10.30am and 2pm. From 21 June 2021 we will also be offering weekend group visits.
- Group sizes. Until 21 June 2021 there is a maximum group size of 30. From this date there is no maximum group size (subject to government restrictions). A minimum group size of 15 is required to qualify for group rates.
- Costs. National Trust and RHS members are free.
From 21 June: Adults (£13.30), Child (£6.65).
To book or for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When's the best time to visit?
The garden comes alive with colour in spring with daffodils and bluebells quickly followed by our famous display of azaleas and rhododendrons.Waterlilies float on the lakes in the summer months with geese, ducks and swans often gliding through their pink, white and yellow blooms and our Waterlily Festival, which runs mid-June to mid-July, is one not to miss.
Autumn is the time when the garden really comes into its own thanks to the planting by Arthur Soames at the beginning of the 20th Century. the succession of the red, gold and butter-yellow leaves are mirrored in the lakes and pools that are so iconic to this garden. The display lasts several weeks and leads into winter where the scale of the garden is revealed and the scupltural forms of the trees are enhanced by frost or shrouded in mist, or sometimes a dusting of snow.
Facilities at Sheffield Park and Garden
- Dedicated picnic area.
- Dogs welcome.
- Mobility scooters available. If any of your group have mobility issues and would like to hire one of our scooters, these can also be reserved in advance. There is no charge to hire a scooter.
We look forward to welcoming your group to Sheffield Park and Garden soon. Please do get in touch if you have any further questions.