The Essex Lodge
Also known as the Trent Lodge due to its proximity to the River Trent, this lodge was built in 1859 to provide an access route to the church at Colwich which the Anson family built in 1849
Designed much later than the other lodges, the Essex Lodge was built to a different design with its terracotta roof giving it the look of an Italian villa.
Paint analysis has revealed that, unlike the other lodges, door and window frames at the Essex Lodge would have been painted dark brown, though more recently were painted white. Similarly the gates next to the lodge have gone through several colour changes since the nineteenth century.
Just like the other lodges, Essex Lodge will be repainted to restore its originally decorative design, and the gates will be painted grey-black.