Volunteering at Stoneywell
There are so many ways to get involved at Stoneywell, whether you've got lots of time or a little. From hosting tours in the house and gardens, to rebuilding the dry stone walls and helping in the Laundry Tea Room, volunteering is a great opportunity to try your hand at something different and have great fun along the way.
- Driver - provide a shuttle service for visitors between the car park and the cottage, a distance of about 500 meters. All visitors use the shuttle service as the lane is not suitable for pedestrians. Drives also give visitors a warm welcome, setting the scene for the visit.
- Meet & Greet - provide a warm welcome for all visitors, answer any immediate questions, help them to orientate themselves and generally give them the information they need to ensure they have a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable visit.
- Guidbook & Raffle Ticket Sales - our sales team are great at encouraging visitors to help, which boosts our funds so we can do more good work, and deliver more projects at Stoneywell.
- Membership Recruitment - roll out the red carpet! We need to give a warm welcome, as well as any important information about membership and our recruiters are on hand to talk about this. Helping us hit membership targets is important too - that way we can keep looking after special places like Stoneywell!
- Hosts - Hosts have a vital role to play in helping visitors to have an inspiring and enjoyable time at Stoneywell. They may lead a small party of visitors around the house or be based in one of the principal rooms. Hosts also help to protect the health and safety of visitors, and play a part in safeguarding the property and its assets.
- Conservation Assistant - help to care for our collections and keep up presentation standards in our houses as set out in the National Trust Manual of Housekeeping. Working with conservation staff, you will learn how to protect historic items so that our visitors can enjoy them for as long as possible.
- Firestarter - Light the fires at Stoneywell to keep the visitors and hosts warm as toast.
- Garden Hosts - offering guded tours of the garden, garden hosts share information and stories about the grounds at Stoneywell so that visitors have an enjoyable and memorable visit. You will also play a role in conservation and health and safety by keeping an eye on wear and tear in the garden, and being aware of any access issues or hazards.
- Gardeners - keeping the four acres of garden and eleven acres of woodland looking beautiful, the garden team work hard in all weathers to present the flora and fauna of the property in its best light. From the vegetable garden to the tennis courts, they lovingly care for the tricky terrain.
- Property & Grounds Assistant - jolly helpful person to have around the house and grounds. From stone-walling to chopping wood and everything inbetween.
- Tea Room Assistants - provide a warm and inviting experience, from welcoming visitors to assisting with food preparation and serving and clearing food and drink in a prompt, efficient and pleasant manner. The tea room at Stoneywell is situated in the stable yard area and serves a range of light refreshemnets, including hot and cold drinks, soup, sandwiches and freshly baked cakes.
If volunteering sounds right for you, then we'd love to hear from you. Contact us on 01530 248040 (option 3) or via email to find out more.