As one of the National Trust's largest shops, Stourhead has a full range of home accessories, kitchen ware, books, greetings cards, clothing accessories and food. As well as plenty to help you enjoy the great outdoors - from walking to gardening. Whether it’s a gift or a treat for yourself, you’ll find lots to choose from.
Our home collections
The Estuary collection is inspired by sandbanks, rippling waters and estuary marshes of West Wittering, Blakeney Point and Ringstead Bay – just some of the many miles of coastline which is cared for by the National Trust.
Bring a little of the outdoors inside this spring and brighten up your kitchen and home with the new Kitchen Garden range. Kitchen Garden is inspired by out of town green spaces like traditional kitchen gardens, medicinal herb borders and community allotments.
In the Plant Centre
Our shop offers a great range of products and gifts, stocking everything from gardening tools to outdoor furniture and decorations. We have a large selection of locally grown, peat free plants for sale, many of which are growing on the Stourhead estate, so you can create your own little bit of Stourhead at home.
Pelargoniums are an important part of the history of Stourhead. Family member Sir Richard Colt Hoare (1758-1838) was an important collector and a pioneer of early hybridisation of pelargoniums.
By 1820 his collection contained 600 varieties, it was housed in an impressive conservatory on the South West end of the house.
Today, pelargoniums are on show in the long greenhouse in the walled garden, and some varieties are available to buy in our shop.
From wooden bowls made from Stourhead wood to beautiful ceramics, there are plenty of locally made crafts to take home.
Not only do these sales support our local economy, they raise money for Stourhead too!
- Megs Cottage Fudge is a Gold Taste Award winner. For every 35 bags we sell we can buy a bag of grass seed.
- Coast Cat, Reg Thompson and Kathryn Smith are our local jewellers. Last year’s sales enabled us to resurface tracks in our ancient woodland.
Some new local products introduced this year include:
- Ajar of... a wide range of seasonal homemade jams, marmalades and chutneys.
- Harry’s Cider, award winning locally produced medium and dry ciders.
- Libby Ballard, ceramic vases and bowls inspired by nature.
- Quintessentially English and Organic Hive, provide our naturally pure and organic beauty products for men and women.
Thank you for shopping with us – every purchase made in our shop really does make a difference.