Eating and Shopping at Sutton Hoo
Discover our range of seasonal and locally sourced treats in our shop and restaurant. With all profits made going back into the conservation of this special place, your spend can be guilt free too.
King's River Cafe at Sutton Hoo
Enjoy a sumptuous lunch or a quick bite in our King's River cafe. It's the ideal setting to relax and reflect after a stroll around the stunning Sutton Hoo estate.
Our Cafe opens at 10:30am (11am during winter) and our friendly catering staff will be on hand to look after you and serve a range of freshly prepared scones and cakes with hot meals being served from 11:30am until 3:00pm
- Hot food served between 11.30am - 3pm
- Family friendly high chairs and cushions
- Outdoor seating areas
- Stunning estate views from our balcony seating area
- Take-away hot drinks
- Range of vegetarian and Gluten free options
- Daily Chef's specials
- Ice cream bicycle in sunny Summer periods
- Comfortable sofa seating area
Sutton Hoo shop
Take home something special after visiting this world renowned heritage site.
We offer a huge range, from locally crafted ceramics, art and glassware, local wine and cakes, to handmade jewellery and soap. From National Trust jam to Sutton Hoo beer, from jigsaw puzzles of our treasures to fridge magnet souvenirs, there's a gift for everyone, or something to treat yourself.
The shop also has a fine collection of books based on the history of Sutton Hoo and the Anglo-Saxons for those that would like to explore the site further from the comfort of their armchair back home.
And not to forget the game that's harder to pronounce than it is to learn - Hnefatafl - the Anglo-Saxon chess-like board game of kings.
Look out for seasonal offers and promotions throughout the year.
Goody bags are also available pre-ordered for school groups.
- Seasonal special offers
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Locally produced food and drink
- Locally produced arts and crafts
- Wide range of literature based on Sutton Hoo
- Family friendly gifts
- Sutton Hoo postcards, pencils and stationery
- Soups, perfumes and jewellery
- Real ales from nearby St Peter's Brewery
- Locally handmade pottery
- Goody-bags available for school groups (pre-ordered)
- Something for everyone!
Second hand book sale
We have a wonderful collection of second hand books available to purchase. The second hand book shop is located in the old 1930s estate stables. This is where Mr Frank Pretty would have stabled his World War One war-horse Polly Hopkins.
Funds raised through our second hand book sales directly support the conservation of Sutton Hoo for everyone's future enjoyment.
Sutton Hoo venue hire
To hire Sutton Hoo as a venue for your function, please contact Rebecca Banthorpe who'll be happy to discuss your room hire and catering needs, on 01394 389700.