Family fun at Sutton Hoo
Explore the site your way. We can give you our recommendations as to where to start, but this is your adventure and we want you to enjoy it just how you want to.
• Have an adventure with our tracker packs
• Explore the site with a variety of seasonal activity trails
• Go wild on our adventure playground and zip wire!
Whatever and whichever way you choose to spend your time here, rest assured that members of the Sutton Hoo team will be on hand to answer any questions or queries you might have.
Gruesome Grave Burial Tours
Take our family tour to discover gruesome stories we've had to leave out of our 'normal' tours…
Travel back to Anglo-Saxon time with our tour guide who reveals the gruesome secrets of Sutton Hoo's royal burial ground. Children need to accompany scared adults! Dates and times here.
The landscape at Sutton Hoo has been shaped over time by both people and nature. Pick up one of our tracker packs from our Visitor Welcome team and explore the landscape together.
Unleash your inner artist with one of our watercolour kits. Use this beautiful place to inspire you - whatever it might be; the treasure, the landscape, the architecture - and create your own masterpiece. We would love to see the finished creations!
Just ask at our visitor reception to pick yours up.
Seasonal family trails
To help you explore Sutton Hoo we have a variety of seasonal trails for all the family to enjoy. Pop in to see our Visitor Welcome team who will happily show you what’s available that day.
• Visitor Reception opens at 10:00am until 5:00pm (10:00am – 4:00pm in Winter)
• Café serves hot food from 12:00pm until 2:30pm
• Children’s menu available
• Family friendly high chairs
• Facilities to heat up baby food and milk
• Picnic benches
• Random rugs available for picnics in the summer and to snuggle into in winter
• Programme of regular holiday activities
• Pushchair and buggy friendly buildings (all on one level)
• Toilet facilities in King's River Cafe and Tranmer House
• Play area (near parking)
• Baby changing facilities in all toilets
• Lots of flat green space for natural play
How was your day?
We'd really love to hear about your day with us at Sutton Hoo, so why not tell us about your visit by completing a visitor survey or comment card whilst you're onsite