Visiting Treasurer's House - what you need to know
Join an hour-long guided tour to uncover the history of Treasurer’s House and more about the man who created it. Spend time in the award winning garden, head downstairs to the café and see what's in the shop around the corner.
Numbers are limited and without a booking you might need to wait for the next available space. There are spaces available every day if you've not managed to book (bookings close the day before). Drop in to see the team, these are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Access for everyone
If you need to bring a carer or essential companion to accompany you as a disabled visitor, you can now book a carers ticket at the time of booking, free of charge.
Please note due to the nature of the house, most of the rooms are accessed by stairs only, including the toilets. See the facilities and access information at the top of the homepage for full access details ahead of booking.
Booking with a Visit York pass or Yorkshire's Great Houses, Castles and Gardens card?
Book your space as a National Trust member and when asked for your membership number, please write the name of your pass. Have your valid pass ready to show the welcome team on arrival at Treasurer's House. Please book one space per valid pass.
When you arrive
- Have your booking details and membership card or payment to hand.
- Please arrive promptly for the beginning of your chosen time slot. Due to the checking in process, your tour will begin at the end of your chosen time slot.
- You are welcome to visit the garden anytime to suit you, from 11am until 4pm, for 3pm tours the garden is only available beforehand.
- Please leave any bags larger than a handbag, and pushchairs in one of the city centre left luggage facilities as you will not be able to carry it with you nor are we able to store on your behalf.
What to expect on your visit...
What is open?
The house of treasures
Mr Green, the curiously eccentric owner of Treasurer’s House, created his version of an historic house. He mixed different architectural styles and time periods alongside a remarkable collection of antiquities and art to create the house you see today.
Take your place on a group tour to discover more about the man, his house and his collection.
Award winning city garden
With an enviable position right next door to York Minster, the small garden offers a calming space to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Stay a while either side of your tour or drop in when you're next in the city; the garden is free to visit on open days.
The café will reopen for 2022
Head downstairs to rest and refuel, the café is free to enter on open days and your purchases support the National Trust in caring for historic and beautiful places. Initially it will be a smaller menu, served in the same historic venue. We look forward to welcoming you back.
The toilet is available in the basement, please note access is via stairs only.
What is different?
- Head to the large city centre shop around the corner on Goodramgate to browse.
- The ghost cellar and rooftops tours are not currently running.
How to book
Every Thursday we release new tickets for the following week or so.
- Entry is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose a tour start time for the day you want to visit. This is the time for the start of the tour - please arrive on time to enable a prompt start.
- Bookings are for your use only and are not available for resale.
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.