Visiting Tyntesfield: what you need to know
The grounds, Cow Barn cafe and shop at Tyntesfield are open. Find out what to expect and plan your visit below.
What your visit will look like
We'll have social distancing measures in place to keep everyone safe, including:
- To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. If you do not book, we cannot guarantee admission.
- Small sections of the garden are one-way, where paths are particularly narrow. To minimise cross-contamination, we won't be giving out maps, but you can download and print the trails at home below, and follow them on your phone on the day. There'll also be clear signage across the site.
- Toilets: Available at Home Farm and the Lower Garden. Toilets will be cleaned several times throughout the day, meaning we may need to close them temporarily.
- Play areas: due to staff shortages and government cleaning requirements, only the Woodland Play Area and Sculpture Trail are open.
- Shop: The Cow Barn shop is open, please wear a face covering inside in line with government guidance.
- Cafe: The Cow Barn cafe and Pavilion cafe will be open on a takeaway only basis, serving a limited menu. Please bring a face covering.
- Mobility bus: not currently running
Mobility tramper hire: Trampers can be reserved at 10-10.30, 10.30-11, 1-1.30 and 2-2.30 for a two hour slot once you have booked your admission. Please email us to book.
Dogs are welcome on short leads on all the routes, but are not allowed in the Kitchen Garden or Rose Garden. If you are following the orange longer route, please join the purple route to skip the Kitchen Garden.
Visiting the house at Tyntesfield
The house is closed until further notice.
How to book
Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. You’ll need to enter a valid membership card number for each member booking and membership cards will be checked on entry. Non-members will need to pay.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children under five as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Opening times and booking availability is on the what's on pages at the bottom of this page. You’ll need to book your tickets by 3pm the day before your visit
- Tickets are for your use only and are not for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.
When you arrive
- Please have your booking details handy, and show it to any member of staff who asks for it through your car window (on your phone is fine). If you are a member with a booking, we'll also ask for you to show your membership card.
- If you need to pay on arrival, please note that we cannot take cash payments at this time.
- If you have booked one of the first slots of the day, please note that the gates are opened at 10am. Please do not arrive early and park in the gates/block the carriageway.
- Members park for free, non-members will need to pay
- If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your arrival slot then entry will be at the discretion of the property team.
- We'll be inviting you to visit for up to two hours, with the last time slots available one hour before closing.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit