Visiting Tyntesfield: what you need to know
The grounds, Cow Barn café, shop and second-hand bookshop at Tyntesfield are open daily. The house at Tyntesfield is now open from 10.30am-3.30pm everyday. Find out what to expect and plan your visit below.
What your visit will look like
- Estate: You can download and print the maps and trails below, and follow them on your phone on the day. There'll also be clear signage across the site.
- House: The house at Tyntesfield is now open from 10.30am-3.30pm everyday.
- Toilets: Available at Home Farm and the Lower Garden and House Garden Passage. Toilets will be cleaned several times throughout the day, meaning we may need to close them temporarily.
- Play areas: The Woodland Play Area, Pavilion Play Area, Home Farm Play Area and the Sculpture Trail are open.
- Shop: The Cow Barn shop is open, Please bring a face covering.
- Cafe: The Cow Barn cafe is open, serving a range of hot and cold refreshments. The Cow Barn has both indoor and outdoor seating. The Pavilion Cafe is open on weekends. Please see opening times section for more information on the Pavilion Cafe.
- Mobility shuttle: We run a mobility shuttle service at Tyntesfield using a fully electric vehicle. For more information about the volunteer run mobility shuttle service, please speak with a member of the team when you visit us.
- Mobility tramper hire: Trampers can be reserved at 10-10.30, 10.30-11, 1-1.30 and 2-2.30 for a two hour slot once you have booked your admission. Please email us to book.
- Dogs: are welcome on short leads on all the routes, but are not allowed in the Kitchen Garden. If you are following the orange longer route, please join the purple route to skip the Kitchen Garden. Dogs are now welcome in the Cow Barn café; please ask a member of staff where to find the designated seating and please refrain from bringing your dog up to the till point when you order, thank you.
Wearing a face covering is a personal choice, although they are recommended in crowded and enclosed places. Thank you for supporting us to make this a safe experience for everyone.
Visiting the house at Tyntesfield
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.