Group visits to Wimpole Estate
Bring your group to Wimpole to explore the extensive gardens, Home Farm and mansion, with time for tea afterwards. There is sure to be an experience to suit every member of your group.
Bringing your group to Wimpole
A visit to Wimpole can last from a few hours to a full day. We welcome groups of all sizes with discounts applying to groups of over 15. Entry for National Trust members is free.
Coach driver benefits
Coach driver benefits include:
- £5 refreshment voucher
- Free parking in the coach car park
- Free admission to the estate.
- National Trust Members enter free.
- For group reductions to apply, all admission fees must be made in one payment on the day of your visit, either by cash, credit, or debit card. We cannot invoice you for your group visit.
- The group rates do not apply if group members pay individually.
- Please note no group rates are available on weekends, Bank Holidays or special event days. The accounts department are unable to accept payment in advance.
Arrival procedure for groups
- There is an area allocated for coach parking, please follow the signage in the car park. If you are significantly delayed, please let us know while you are still on route by calling 01223 206000.
- On arrival, the group leader must go to the Hardwicke Gate visitor centre to obtain tickets or take all NT membership cards to the visitor centre to be scanned.
- Please ensure the rest of the party stay on the coach – once the leader has signed everyone in, the group can enter through the side doors, without having to come through the main reception area.
Other important information
- Please make sure all National Trust members are aware that they must have their cards for free admission to Wimpole.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the National Trust reserves the right to change or cancel any booking at any time.
- Group leaders remain, at all times, responsible for the safety and discipline of adults and children in their groups.
- The National Trust reserves the right to refuse entry to groups which, in the opinion of the National Trust are significantly larger in number than previously agreed or are likely to cause unacceptable damage or disturbance to the property.
Who is eligible for free entry?
Registered tourist board guides (on production of a valid badge), coach drivers and tour leaders escorting groups of 15 or more. National Trust members also receive free entry, so it is at your discretion whether to refund the entrance fee to members if you have included it in your package – this is not refunded by the National Trust.
Members must bring their current membership cards with them to avoid paying the full group rate. If any of your group would like to join the National Trust please direct them to our Membership page or call 0344 800 1895.
Free familiarisation visits for group leaders
If you're planning a group visit you can request our free Travel Trade Pass and you and a friend or colleague will gain free entry to over 300 of our places throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland for 12 months. There’s nothing quite like seeing or experiencing somewhere for yourself to help you plan a successful visit. To receive your pass, call 0344 800 2329 or email us at NTTravelTrade@capita.co.uk.
Educational group visits
Wimpole is the perfect place for a self-led educational visit, with an estate full of history and conservational knowledge. If you would like to plan your visit, please contact us.
Schools can benefit from an Educational Group Membership, which is an annual membership giving free access to the whole school group at National Trust properties.
Get in touch about bringing a group to Wimpole
To make a booking or to request more information please email us. A group booking form will then be sent to you once the date of your visit has been agreed.
Please note, we are not able to take group bookings at weekends, bank holidays and during school holidays.
Step inside Wimpole Hall and discover how previous owners made their mark on this complex house.
Discover Wimpole’s gardens and visit the Parterre, walk through the Pleasure Grounds meandering your way to the Walled Garden, with herbaceous borders and fruit trees.
Explore the acres of parkland at Wimpole, abundant with wildlife, flora and fauna; stroll across the open space, or head across the Chinese bridge to visit the Gothic folly.
If you’re planning educational group visits to National Trust places, then you could benefit from education group membership, giving you free admission for a year.
If you're travelling to the UK from overseas this year, buy a National Trust Touring Pass for entry to more than 300 places in our care. With 7-day and 14-day options available, the pass can be tailored to fit your trip. Discover where you can visit with the Touring Pass and how to buy yours.
Visiting us with a group? Then our answers to your frequently asked questions might help with any question you may have.