This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
A working estate still guided by the seasons, with an impressive mansion and Home Farm
The mansion, at the heart of this estate, is evidence of Elsie Bambridge's success in creating a home.
Intimate rooms contrast with beautiful and unexpected Georgian interiors, including Soane's breathtaking Yellow Drawing Room and wonderful plunge bath. The fascinating basement corridor offers a glimpse into life below stairs.
Stroll around the colourful parterre garden and wander through the Pleasure Grounds to the walled garden, abundant with fruit, vegetables and herbaceous borders.
Home Farm contrasts the traditional farmyard with the noisy modern piggery and cattle sheds.
Stride out across the landscape park, among the rare-breed cattle, and imagine the previous owners planning their visions of grand avenues and spectacular vistas.
With thousands of species tulip planted in orchards and Pleasure Grounds, plus fruit blossom, the gardens here are a sight to behold in the Spring sunshine.
From tree climbing, to pond dipping and a great bug hunt there are plenty of 50 Things activities to cross off your list at Wimpole
The BikeBus Explorer will stop at Wimpole on a Sunday and Bank Holidays traveling from Cambridge and surrounding villages, put your bike on the back and away you go.
Planning your day
- Stable Block, Restaurant and Gardens open daily 10am-5pm
- Home Farm open daily 10.30am-5pm
- Hall open Saturday to Thursday 11am-5pm
- Dogs are welcome in the park and the Stable Block, but not in the house, gardens or at Home Farm. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere
- Please don't leave your dog in the car. It can get surprisingly warm, even when not sunny
- Our fields are grazed by livestock throughout the year, so please keep your dog on a lead