Time capsule buried at Winkworth's boathouse
We're giving you the chance to become part of Winkworth's history by contributing to a time capsule, to be buried at the boathouse during the Summer 2017 repair project.
How does it work?
Tell us what you'd like to contribute, and we'll pick the best 10 bids to be placed in the time capsule. Bids cost £5 each, with all proceeds going towards saving the boathouse.
Pay for your bid at the kiosk when you visit. We'll email you a form to fill in with details of what you'd like to add to the time capsule. If you're lucky enough to be chosen, you'll be invited to the arboretum to add your contribution on the day the capsule is buried on 17 July. We'll bury it in the foundation of the boathouse, to be found by future generations.
What could I put in the time capsule?
Help us build up a snapshot of Winkworth as it was in 2017. You could bid to put in a photograph you've taken of the arboretum, a flyer from an event you enjoyed here, or even something as simple as a written memory of fond times at Winkworth. Get creative!
What are the restrictions?
- Your contribution must have recognisable relevance to the arboretum.
- Bids must be received and paid for by Mon 10 July 2017.
- No organic materials.
- No objects larger than 10cm in diameter (contact us if you're unsure).
- Photographs must be in printed form (but may be submitted digitally for your bid).
- Try to avoid submitting objects on media that could become obsolete (e.g. CDs).
- All bids cost £5, but we can't guarantee that your bid will be chosen to be added to the time capsule.
- Winning bids will be chosen by a panel of judges. If you have won, you will be notified using the contact details you have provided in your bid by Fri 14 July.
- We can't return your contribution after it is buried - we want it to be found by future generations.