Volunteer at Woolsthorpe Manor
When we ask our visitors what they enjoy about visiting, the outstanding response is that they discover 'something surprising and valuable'. One of the reasons for this is the warm welcome they receive from our volunteers.
Roles to get involved with
- Room guides - welcome visitors and share the stories of Isaac Newton, his house and family.
- Science centre volunteers - demonstrate some of Newton's work through interactive exhibits and engaging visitors in some fascinating science.
- Orchard guides - share information about our historic orchard and Newton's apple tree.
- Learning volunteers - assist with school groups and events such as Apple Day, toddler trails and summer holiday workshops.
- Activities team - help with events and welcoming visitors with plenty of things to do.
- Coffee Shop volunteers - run our small coffee shop in the Science Centre, ensuring all visitors receive a warm welcome and great service.
- Gardeners - keep the orchards and grounds looking great and care for Isaac Newton's apple tree.
- Raffle ticket sellers - help to raise extra funds for conservation projects for items that bring the house to life and increase our visitor's enjoyment.
- Car park volunteers - welcome our visitors and make everything run smoothly in the car park on busy days.