Belton's outdoor adventure playground
The adventure playground at Belton House is now open daily. To help keep everyone safe, there is restricted access to some equipment, enhanced hygiene and safety measures in place.
Set within an ancient wilderness, Belton’s outdoor adventure playground promises hours of fun and discovery for children of all ages, all year round.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here, which will explain any changes. We have put in place the following safety measures:
- Where necessary, we will use a one-out-one-in system to limit the flow of people coming into the playground to ensure it doesn’t get too busy.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for visitors to use at the playground entrance and the train shed. Please sanitise your hands before entering the playground and often during your playtime.
- The Belton team will be in the playground to help with orientation and to clean the play equipment throughout the day. Regular closure of play equipment for cleaning applies.
- Signs will reinforce these safety measures.
If you’re showing any symptoms of coronavirus, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
Muddy Hand’s kiosk is now open on weekends and during school holidays.
Toilets are available. These will be run with a one-out-one-in system and will regularly close throughout the day for cleaning.
For your safety, some pieces of play equipment currently remain closed.
To maintain social distancing of two meters apart, we ask visitors not to crowd equipment. If possible, we ask that only one adult supervise their child/children and give others plenty of space.
If the playground gets overcrowded, we may have to ask you to wait at the entrance for a few minutes. Please social distance whilst waiting in the queue.
50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾
Set free their wild side with our 50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾ activities. Explore the outdoors, learn new skills and try something different. From tree climbing to den building, there are heaps of activities on the ’50 things’ list to keep you busy at Belton all year round. So you’ll be able to enjoy a new adventure each time you visit.
Take a ride on the train
Attention all passengers, journeys on Belton’s miniature train is now running daily.
- Face coverings are compulsory where 2m social distancing is not possible. Therefore, all adults and children aged over 11 will be required to wear a face-covering for the duration of the train journey.
- Thorough cleaning procedures will take place between each journey. Please note this does add to the wait time between trips.
- The miniature train QR code will be displayed by the train shed. Please scan the QR code with your NHS COVID-19 App to check-in.
Take a train ride through the adventure playground, up to the woods and back again. The train runs every day, weather permitting. Rides cost £1.50 per seat, and the train driver writes the last journey of the day on the station board.
Have fun, play safe!
Play opportunities at Belton encourage challenging playful experiences in a safe environment to facilitate child development at all stages. The equipment’s designed to be challenging. As a result, some equipment may not be suitable for all children.
Only you know the abilities and limitations of the children in your care, so please keep a careful watch on them and make sure they’re playing safely. You’re also encouraged to play in the spaces provided so that everyone can enjoy the play experience.