Bringing your dog to Castle Drogo
Whether you bring your dogs to visit us every day or you're coming to see us from much farther afield, we're always here to welcome you and your four-legged friends. We work hard to find different ways to welcome dogs throughout our site.
Where can we go with our dogs?
Here's a breakdown of all the places you and your dogs can explore together:
• Teign gorge – the estate is a dog walking haven. With over 1000 acres to explore this is the best spot for letting them stretch their legs and chase a ball.
• Grounds- With your dog on its lead, head for a wander around the castle grounds. Dogs aren’t allowed in the formal garden but they are allowed in the orchard, rhododendron garden and along Mr Drewe’s path.
• Shop - Feel free to mooch around our shop with your dog on its lead.
Although the cafe doesn’t allow dogs you can grab something and sit outside under the new awning.
Help us stay dog friendly
To help us stay dog friendly please take a look at these three requests we ask from all our dog owners.
• Pick up after your pooch - We have dog mess bins placed throughout the site and we have baggies available in our reception and shop if you run out or forget to bring one.
• Keep your dogs with you at all times - dogs should never be left unattended when you visit Castle Drogo. We have benches on the estate and garden, and dog friendly tables in visitor reception should you want to take turns visiting inside the house (where we can't invite dogs inside). Our visitor reception staff are even happy to look after your dog for a moment or two if you need to use our facilities when visiting on your own.
• Pick up a map- maps are available highlighting the dog route around the grounds.