Winter opening and Hidden Charlecote
Check our winter opening details before you visit so you can plan your day. Discover more with one of our volunteer-led Hidden Charlecote talks.
Welcome to Charlecote
You’ll find introductory talks about Charlecote in or near the Gatehouse.
You can also join one of our park walks with our volunteers to discover more about our wildlife, deer and sheep, and how we manage this ancient parkland (wellies/sturdy boots recommended!).
Our new Hidden Charlecote talks in the outbuildings last around 40 minutes, and give a fascinating insight into the Lucy family and their servants' daily lives.
All these free talks are run by our volunteers and may not happen every day.
The free talks take place at 12 noon , 1.00pm and 2.00pm and you can sign up with our friendly Visitor Reception staff on your way in.
Check before you visit:
- The house is closed until 13 February to complete the winter deep clean.
- Hidden Charlecote talks in the outbuildings and park walks every day.
- The Victorian Kitchen and outbuildings are open every day.
- The grounds, Orangery tea room and Servants’ Hall shop are open every day.
The winter deep clean
Why we close the house:
- There is space for the house team to remove, clean and check items for damage
- We can erect scaffolding to check inaccessible parts of the house
- It's very cold for our volunteer room guides - central heating is expensive and can damage fragile items