What to expect when you visit Charlecote
The parkland will remain open for local, pre-booked tickets only during the 2021 restrictions.
Please see below for what to expect when you visit and check the website or social media for updates before you travel.
2021 lockdown: Information for prebooked ticket holders
Before you visit, please read the following to enable us to stay safe and permitted to stay open within current regulations:
Please follow Government guidelines on meeting others and staying local.
- Only travel to Charlecote if it is your nearest place to exercise.
- The parkland is open for local visitors to provide access to fresh and space for exercise during lockdown. Please consider visiting another time if you need to travel extensively to visit us.
- It is essential to pre-book your visits to help us with track and trace and to safely manage capacity. We cannot permit entry to those without a ticket.
- Please stick to the footpaths to help us look after the parkland.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times as we have livestock throughout the park.
- Please read and follow all signage. You will help us to look after the wildlife by doing so.
- The toilets will remain open.
- The House, Secondhand Bookshop and Outbuildings are closed.
- Please check social media or the website before you set off for any last minute changes or updates.
What we do mean by 'local'?
Please refer to government guidance on what is meant by local. It states "If you need to travel you should stay local, meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or part of a city where you live." It adds "Outdoor exercise should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your area to do so if necessary, while shopping for goods and services and should be within your local areas wherever possible."
Booking your visits
Please book your tickets before you visit. Members can book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking. Please be aware that weekends always sell out in advance. If you'd like to enjoy the parkland during a quieter time please look to book on week days and afternoons.
Parking and arrival
- Visitors should follow government guidelines on meeting others and staying local.
- Please have your tickets, membership card and booking reference ready to show when you arrive.
- Please arrive within your booked timeslot.
- When you arrive, head to our Visitor Reception building in the car park to show your booking confirmation to a member of our team.
- Last entry is at 4.00pm and the parkland closes at 5.00pm.
- The car park gates close at 5.30pm.
Staying safe in the parkland
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you think you have been in contact with anyone who has the virus in the last 14 days, please do not visit.
- Please bring your own face covering to wear in the toilets and when ordering in the Wood Yard cafe.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow current social distancing rules and Government guidelines regarding numbers you are permitted to meet when you visit.
- Look out for signs while you're here. They will explain any changes and safety guidance.
- Please remain on the footpaths.
- For your safety, please do not approach the deer.
- Please respect our staff and volunteers. If they ask you to move away from the deer it is for your safety. Abuse will not be tolerated nor get you a better photograph.
- The Gatehouse toilets are open and regularly cleaned by our staff throughout the day.
- The accessible toilet and baby changing facilities are also open.
Food and Beverage
- The Wood Yard café is open every day from 9.30am - 5pm.
- Outside in the Wood Yard and parkland, you'll find picnic benches available to sit and enjoy your takeaway drinks at snacks.
- All indoor seating has been temporarily removed, in line with Government guidance.
- Please bring a face covering to wear inside the Wood Yard café when placing your orders.
- The Tea Garden Trailer may also be open on busy days to help ease queues.
- Avenue Plants is open every from 9:30am - 5pm.
- You do not need to book if you are visiting just to browse and buy at Avenue Plants. Simply turn up, head into Visitor Reception so they can take your details for track and trace, and our friendly team will then point you in the direction of the shop.
- Card payments only please, and a face covering is required inside the barn.
- In line with national lockdown restrictions, the Servants' Hall shop is currently closed.
- There are accessible spaces in the main car park close to the Visitor Reception building.
- On-site accessible parking is available. Please speak to a member of the team at Visitor Reception when you arrive.
- We are unable to offer wheelchairs or run our buggy transfer vehicle at the moment.
- Dogs on leads are welcome on our dog-walking route around the parkland.
Charlecote Park dog walking leaflet 2020 (PDF / 3.5MB) download
- Please keep your dog on a short lead. We have pregnant ewes, young lambs and deer roaming the parkland.
House and outbuildings
- The house is closed until later in the year.
- The second-hand bookshop is closed.
- The carriage-house, brewhouse and laundry are closed.
- The gardens including parterre, long border path and woodland garden are closed.
- Green Court is open to walk through.