Visiting Chedworth Roman Villa: What to expect
The site and Visitor Centre at Chedworth Roman Villa are open. We’ve introduced advanced booking to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing. To avoid disappointment please book in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. However, where space is available on weekdays, pre-booking may not always be necessary. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
When you arrive
- If you have pre-booked, please have your ticket to hand and show it to any member of staff at the visitor reception. If you are a member with a booking, we'll also ask for you to show your membership card.
- Please arrive within your booking slot (e.g between 11 - 11.30am). If you arrive early we may not be able to admit you early due to needing to limit numbers of visitors at the property.
- If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your arrival slot then entry will be at the discretion of the property team.
- Depending on how busy the property is, if you arrive without a pre-booked ticket admissions it not guaranteed.
- Afternoons are usually quieter than mornings.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
What's open and what to expect during your visit
- One-way system in place, clearly marked across the site.
- Maps of the villa are available from the visitor reception. There'll also be clear signage across the site.
- Toilets: We won't be opening every toilet, and those that are open will be cleaned several times throughout the day, meaning we may need to close them temporarily.
- West Range building: The West Range building is open. Please bring a face covering, unless exempt. Social distancing measures are in place.
- Museum: The museum is open. Please bring a face covering. Social distancing measures are in place.
- Shop: The shop is open each day until 4pm. Please bring a face covering, unless expempt. Social distancing measures are in place.
- Café: The café is open each day until 3.30pm.
- Picnics: You are welcome to bring your own picnic to enjoy in the Lower Courtyard.
- Parking: The main car park and Woodland car park are both open. Overnight stays are not permitted.
- Dogs: Assistance dogs only on site.