Christmas 2019 at Claremont Landscape Garden
Beautiful winter vistas and sparkling lights make Claremont a very special place to visit at this time of year. Take a break from the hectic high street and spend an atmospheric afternoon recharging yourself in this historic royal landscape. Whether you're looking for a calming wintery walk or a festive filled family day out this Christmas, Claremont is just the place to be.
The tranquil retreat of Claremont is a wonderful place to relax at any time of year, but when winter arrives, the garden undergoes a magical transformation. As the leaves thin, the low winter sun opens up views across the pleasure grounds, creating the perfect picturesque landscape to get you into the seasonal spirit.
Claremont is open every day except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so it’s an ideal place to walk off the excesses of the holidays. Enjoy a gentle stroll around the lake, or if you’re feeling more energetic (or want the children to run off steam), head up the hill and take in the full experience of the landscape from the top of the grass amphitheatre.
Christmas Wish Tree
This Christmas we're inviting visitors to decorate Claremont's Christmas tree with a Christmas wish. Draw a festive design, share your hopes for 2020 or remember someone who can't be with you. Normal admission applies, plus a small donation for the wish tag.
Planning your visit
- We're open 363 days per year, closing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and reopening on Boxing Day
- The gates open at 10am and close at 4pm, with last entry at 3.30pm
- There is a children's play area for younger children located near the tea-room and Badger's Basecamp den building area for older children located on The Mound. The Thatched Cottage will be decorated for Christmas.
- Pushchairs are admitted, but please don't bring your scooter or bike into the garden
- There is a level pathway around the lake but other paths are very steep. Visitors can borrow an all-terrain Mountain Trike wheelchair (pre-booking advisable/£10 deposit or NT membership card required)
- The cafe will be on hand serving hot lunches, soup, hot drinks and festive treats. We have a shop area in the cafe too so you can stock up on last minute gifts!
Every visit helps us protect and conserve Claremont Landscape Garden for the future, so throw on your coats and scarves and discover a great place to visit on your doorstep this winter!