Volunteer at Dunster Castle
Volunteers are a vital part of everything the National Trust does. If you've ever fancied getting stuck in, being part of a team, learning something new or just helping out, now's a great time. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Volunteering at Dunster Castle and Watermill
Volunteering with us can be an exciting and rewarding experience. You'll learn new skills, meet new people and work right at the heart of this amazing place.
Just imagine what you could do...
- Provide a warm and friendly arrival for all visitors as a welcome volunteer.
- Create a helpful and welcoming environment as a bookshop or shop assistant.
- Support our work and care for both flora and fauna with the garden team.
- Share stories of Dunster's history and collections as a room guide.
- Help to keep industry going as a mill assistant at the watermill.
- Help those with mobility constraints to access the estate as a buggy driver.
- Make new friends, share your experiences and learn new skills.
- Be part of the conservation of this wonderful place, safeguarding it for future generations to enjoy.
- Make a difference in the work that you do.
We particularly need support with.....
As a buggy driver, you will be providing access to the estate for those who would otherwise find the castle dificult to access. You will work with colleagues across the estate to pick up and drop off visitors and volunteers, collect and delivery internal post and to provide orientation to incoming visitors whilst the buggy is not in use.
Shifts are currently either 9.15-13.00 or 13.00-16.45 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. We hope to recruit new volunteers so that we can provide cover 7 days a week.
If this role is of interest to you or if you know someone who fits the bill, please get in touch (see details below).
Get in touch
Various volunteer roles come up throughout the year so if you think volunteering is for you or you want to learn more, please email DunsterVolunteering@nationaltrust.org.uk
We look forward to seeing you soon and welcoming you to the team.