Join the Felbrigg Hall team
Are you interested in getting more involved with the work at Felbrigg Hall? We're always looking for people to join our team, through volunteering, seasonal work or on a more permanent basis.
Volunteer with us
Our volunteers are quite simply the lifeblood of our special place. Without them we couldn't fulfil our conservation work and visitors would miss their valuable contibution in bringing our place to life. If you're intersted in joining our great network of volunteers, view the roles below and see if we've got anything to interest you.
Room guides have a vital role to play in bringing National Trust places to life, inspiring our visitors and helping them to learn more about our places in an interesting and enjoyable way. Room guides also play a valuable part in safeguarding our interiors and collections.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to help out on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Are you a natural at sales, or someone who loves meeting new people? We are looking to recruit new fundraising volunteers to help boost our funds so we can do more good work, and deliver more fantastic conservation projects at Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate.
Visitor Experience Volunteer
There's nothing like a fun day out, and Visitor Experience volunteers help us to make them happen. If you enjoy being outside and meeting new people, this role could be for you. We are particularly looking for volunteers who are able to help out at the weekends, but either way. we would love to hear from you.
Fancy getting involved with the events at Felbrigg? If you are unable to commit to regular volunteering but would like to support Felbrigg, this could be the role for you. You could be supporting events including our Easter Egg Hunts, summer crafts and winter festivities!
Everyone likes a bit of retail therapy, don’t they? Retail Assistants offer this vital service for all visitors to Felbrigg. They love helping people find just the thing they’re looking for, and helping us achieve our sales targets, so everyone’s happy!
Work with us
We regularly have job vacancies here at Felbrigg Hall, on both a seasonal and permanent basis. For a full list of jobs with the National Trust, visit the National Trust Job Site.
Volunteer Development Manager
22,188pa Fixed Term p/t (30 hrs pw to 08/05/2021)
We have an exciting part time opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our team at Felbrigg Hall, Sheringham Park and West Runton as a Volunteering Development Manager.
What you'll be doing
There are exciting changes at the National Trust and this post will play a pivotal role in readying and developing our people for that change. You’ll work with both staff and volunteers, to improve skills and confidence. As a champion of values and behaviours, you’ll promote an open and professional culture. We’re looking for someone who has experience in developing others. Grounded in the best volunteering practices, you’ll bring experience and a willingness to innovate.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll need;
- A proven track record of innovating, leading and developing volunteering offers and programmes
- Good knowledge of volunteering principles, trends and practice
- Experience of working with volunteers and knowledge of the framework which the Trust uses to support the volunteer journey or experience of using volunteer journeys at other organisations
- Evidence of understanding the differences between staff and volunteers, particularly the legal framework, the approach to reward and recognition and different motivations
- Sensitivity, empathy and tenacity. Able to work with other people’s agendas and adapt approach and style
- Excellent people and influencing skills enabling strong relationships and networks to be built and maintained, externally and internally
- Strong organisation skills, including proven management of a demanding workload and deadlines
- Have confident planning, presentation and communication skills
To apply, visit the National Trust Jobs website and search for reference IRC80526. Closing date 28 May 2019.