Join the Felbrigg Hall team
Are you interested in getting more involved with the work at Felbrigg Hall? We're always looking for people to join our team, through volunteering, seasonal work or on a more permanent basis.
Volunteer with us
Our volunteers are quite simply the lifeblood of our special place. Without them we couldn't fulfil our conservation work and visitors would miss their valuable contibution in bringing our place to life. If you're intersted in joining our great network of volunteers, view the roles below and see if we've got anything to interest you.
Are you a natural at sales, or someone who loves meeting new people? We are looking to recruit new fundraising volunteers to help boost our funds so we can do more good work, and deliver more fantastic conservation projects at Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate.
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our friendly gardening team here at Felbrigg. At the moment we are particularly looking for those who are able to volunteer their time on a Monday.
Work with us
We regularly have job vacancies here at Felbrigg Hall, on both a seasonal and permanent basis. For a full list of jobs with the National Trust, visit the National Trust Job Site.
Senior Facilities Co-ordinator
23,000pa f/t for 18 months
As Senior Facilities Co-ordinator you'll be responsible for providing an efficient, effective and flexible facilities management service across your site, ensuring the highest standards are delivered and maintained.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
An understanding of facilities and / or building management, maintenance & provision of services, supported by a relevant professional qualification (or equivalent level of vocational experience)
A good knowledge and experience of Health and Safety, Emergency Planning, Fire and Security procedures and current compliance legislation
Knowledge and experience of managing budgets, finances, projects and contracts
Experience of records management and information systems and advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Excellent people and customer service skills, enabling strong relationships to be built and maintained externally and internally
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including influencing, negotiating and presentation
Job reference: IRC56491 Closing date 29th October
11,018pa Permanent p/t
We protect everything from bats to buildings to beaches – and we want to share them with everyone too. But how do we care for our special places, while helping everyone to enjoy them and their fascinating stories? It’s no small task. In fact, it’s a big team effort and it’s why our Conservation Assistants are so important.
We'd love to hear from you if you have;
- A keen interest in history, historic properties and conservation of their collections
- Previous experience as a Trainee Conservation Assistant or equivalent
- A good understanding of preventive conservation
- Knowledge of the approach required when working with fragile historic collections as well as Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- Good manual dexterity and eye-to-hand skills and ability to work from ladders and tower scaffold
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate that you;
- Have an understanding of the volunteer journey in the Trust including being able to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Are a good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Are willing to undertake continuing professional development and personal skills development and have an enthusiasm to learn
Job reference: IRC57221 Closing date 3rd November