The Estate at Felbrigg Hall
From Felbrigg Lake to the ice house this Norfolk estate has plenty to offer anyone who visits it
Felbrigg Great Wood
The Ice house
The bricks are of a late 17th-century size and type and one of them is dated 1633, although the Gothic detailing suggests they are 18th-century. It is thought that it may have been built of bricks from a demolished section of the 17th-century park wall. This is not a partially collapsed ice house but was built to look like a ruin. The shaft is 28 feet deep and is a favourite place for the bats to hibernate.
St. Margaret's Church
Felbrigg Church stands about a quarter of a mile south-east of the Hall. The building is mainly late 14th-century. The interior is full of interest and character and perhaps not very much changed since the celebrated Norwich School painter John Sell Cotman was married here in January 1809. The nave is given over to Georgian box pews and the roofs of nave and chancel are good examples of 15th-century carpentry.