A Day in the Life of a Monk Workshop at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden
A fun and fascinating insight into the rich history of Fountains Abbey suitable for KS2 and KS3
Dress as a monk to really experience the story of this awe-inspiring World Heritage Site. This immersive workshop sees Father Abbot lead your students through the life of a novice monk, all set within the imposing, atmospheric abbey ruins.
- Dress in monks' robes
- Handle objects such as candles, quills, herbs and wool
- Sing like a monk
- Learn monastic sign language
- Role play events in a monk's life
- Understand the importance of the church in Medieval and Tudor England
- See the impact of the dissolution on this once powerful monastery
Suitable for KS2 and KS3
Approx 2 hours long, guided
£2.50 per student, accompanying adults free. Admission charges also apply, however if your school has Education Group Membership admission is free. Please get in touch for more details.