Felt Making Workshop at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden
A hands-on creative art workshop for students of all ages
History, science and art come together in this fantastic creative workshop. Students will work in groups to create amazing felt pictures to take home, whilst learning about the abbey and the process of felting.
- Find out how wool made Fountains Abbey rich
- Discuss the properties of wool and irreversible change
- Take sketches or photographs of the abbey to inspire a piece of art
- Work in teams (or individually for KS4+ students) to create colourful, impressionist style pieces of felt to take back to school
- Can contribute to exam portfolios for older students
Suitable for all key stages
A full day workshop, guided
£4 per student, accompanying adults free. Admission charges also apply, however if your school has Education Group Membership admission is free. Please get in touch for more details.