Discover the house
There are a host of rooms for you to explore on the ground and first floor. Highlights include the striking dining room which is home to a large collection of family portraits as well as the family silver, and the Hercules suite of rooms which also boasts the best view across the gardens.
Top things to see and do in the house
- Relax in the Ladies Parlour where you can play records on the gramophone
- Tickle the ivories on the harpsichord shaped organ in the Main Hall
- Learn about the unconventional life of the enigmatic Emma Vernon in the Dining Room
- Discover the dark secret of the Blue Bedroom
As you explore the house, it's up to you to decide whether money and beauty bring happiness, after learning about the ups and downs of the Vernon family.
- The magnificent Thornhill wall and ceiling paintings in the Main Hall
- Get a glimpse of some of the family silver in the Dining Room
- The delicate angel bed in the Blue Bedroom
- The fantastic views of the garden from the Hercules rooms