Visiting Hanbury: What you need to know
There's so much to enjoy at Hanbury this winter. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit. Please remember that dogs must be on a lead at all times and stick to the designated dog areas.
Hanbury opens daily at 9.30am, with last entry at 3.30pm. You're then welcome to stay until the car park gates close at 4.30pm.
Making the most of your visit this winter
Parking and arrival:
- On arrival, please park in the main visitor car park before heading to the Visitor Reception building. There are designated blue badge spaces available in the left hand side of the car park.
- Please have your membership card close to hand as you head towards the Visitor Reception building, ready to be checked in by one of our friendly team members, or alternatively admission can be bought here.
- Last entry to the property is at 3.30pm. You’re then welcome to stay as long as you like until closing time at 4.30pm when the car park and back gates will be locked.
- Campervans that are used for transport are welcome, but are not permitted to stay overnight.
Exploring the gardens and parkland:
- The garden and parkland are open daily, 9.30am-4.30pm.
- The garden and parkland face annual weather and climate challenges. Please bring suitable footwear for muddy paths.
- Our garden map is available to download before your visit here.
- Our parkland walks map is available to download ahead of your visit here.
Visitors to the Hall:
- The Hall is open on weekends only from 10am, with last entry at 3.30pm.
- Entry is included in your admission and operates via a queuing system on a first come, first serve basis.
- We're limiting numbers inside to help keep our visitors, volunteers and staff safe.
- Face coverings are required inside the house unless you are exempt.
Eating and drinking:
- The Stables Cafe is open daily, 10am-4pm.
- We'll be serving hot and cold meals and drinks, sandwiches and light snacks.
- Limited indoor seating can be found in the Stables Cafe, with outside seating located at the back of the Hall.
- Unfortunately, we're not able to offer a buggy service at this time.
- The PMV (personal mobility vehicle) and wheelchairs (subject to availability) can be hired by visitors to Hanbury by calling the office on 01527 821214 no later than 3pm the day before their visit.
- Benches are located around the site for visitors to rest as they walk.
Visiting with your dog:
- Dogs on leads are welcome in the parkland, on footpaths only. Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the property.
- Please use the dog bins for dog waste and the stableyard bins for normal waste if you cannot take it home with you.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow the latest guidance on your visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- You’ll find sinks for hand washing in the available toilets.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.