Visiting Hanbury: What you need to know
We're open daily from 9.30am. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit. Please remember that dogs must be on a lead at all times and stick to the designated dog areas.
Hanbury opens daily at 9.30am, with last entry at 4pm before the whole site closes at 5pm.
What to expect from your visit
Parking and arrival:
- On arrival, please park in the main visitor car park before heading to the Visitor Reception building. There are designated blue badge spaces available in the left hand side of the car park.
- Please have your membership card close to hand as you head towards the Visitor Reception building, ready to be checked in by one of our friendly team members, or alternatively admission can be bought here.
- Last entry to the property is at 4pm. You’re then welcome to stay as long as you like until closing time at 5pm when the car park and back gates will be locked.
- Campervans that are used for transport are welcome for pre-booked visitors, but are not permitted to stay overnight. At this time we’re unable to welcome caravans and coaches.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow the latest guidance on your visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- You’ll find sinks for hand washing in the available toilets. You will find hand sanitiser on arrival at Visitor Reception and the Café.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
Visitors to the Hall:
- The Hall is open 10am-4pm (last entry at 3.30pm).
- Entry is included in your admission and operates via a queuing system on a first come, first serve basis.
- We're limiting numbers inside to help keep our visitors, volunteers and staff safe.
- Face coverings are not compulsory but we recommend that you wear one in any area on your visit which is enclosed and crowded.
Eating and drinking:
- The Servants Hall Tearoom will be open daily from 10am-4.30pm.
- We'll be serving hot and cold meals and drinks, sandwiches and light snacks.
- Limited indoor seating is on offer in the Servants Hall Tearoom and in the Stableyard
- Outdoor seating can be found at the back of the Hall.
- Unfortunately, we're not able to offer a buggy service at this time.
- Wheelchairs (subject to availability) can be hired by visitors to Hanbury by calling the office on 01527 821214 no later than 4pm the day before their visit.
- The PMV (personal mobility vehicle) is currently out of action, awaiting repair. We apologise for any disappointment. If you need further assistance, please call the office on 01527 821214, to discuss your requirements.
- Benches are located around the site for visitors to rest as they walk.
Visiting with your dog:
- Dogs on leads are welcome in the parkland, on footpaths only. Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the property.
- Please use the dog bins for dog waste and the stableyard bins for normal waste if you cannot take it home with you.
Exploring the gardens and parkland:
- The gardens and parkland are fully open.
- Our grounds are looking lovely, but they won’t be quite as you’re used to seeing them. We’ve had a limited number of gardeners for many weeks, while everyone stayed home and stayed safe.
- Our garden map is available to download before your visit here.
- Our parkland walks map is available to download ahead of your visit here.