Christmas at Hinton Ampner (BOOKING ESSENTIAL)
Hinton's Christmas Fables, 1-31 December, 10am-2.30pm. Booking essential on 0344 249 1895 or online. The house is beautifully dressed with traditional decorations and a roaring lit fire. Handmade felt ornaments, inspired by Aesop's Fables, hang from the Christmas trees inside. Outside in the fresh air, there's walks to be discovered and a shop and cafe stocked with festive treats. Families can take part in the Aesop's Fables themed activity trail (£2).
Ralph Dutton, last private owner of Hinton Ampner, once kept a copy of Aesop's Fables classic tales in his library. Inspired by these stories, this year's Christmas theme is grounded in the fun, philisophical and moralistic lessons passed on through the re-telling of these stories, particularlly apt during the festive season.
Hinton’s Christmas Fables family trail
Sunday 1 - Tueday 31 December, 10am - 3.30pm. £2 per trail plus normal admissions to the property.
The animals of Aesop’s fables are facing a dilemma and need help from little ones to solve it before Christmas arrives.
The trail takes place outside, so do dress for the weather.
A refreshing winter walk is a great way of staying fit during a period of indulgence. Below is a list of winter walks designed to take in the best of the season as well as catering for various ability levels. So turn off the TV and put on those walking boots for a refreshing walk across the Hinton estate.
Plan your Christmas at Hinton
- Booking is essential. To enter the house between Sunday 1 and Tuesday 31 December, you need to book a timed ticket.
- The house opens at 10am and closes at 3pm. The last timed ticket to enter the house is 2.30pm.
- The whole estate is closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We're open again on Boxing Day and every day thereafter.
- Admission charges for the estate apply. Entry is free for National Trust members. Ask about becoming a member as you enter the estate in Visitor Reception.
- Last orders in the café is 3.30pm