Dog walkers' guide to Hinton Ampner
Hinton Ampner is a large estate, set within the heart of the South Downs. We love dogs at Hinton Ampner so we have opened up the wider estate to dog owners to walk their four legged friends.
A few basic rules
- When walking through the garden to get to the estate walks please keep your dog on a lead at all times.
- We've provided a dog bin; please clean up after your dog as you are sharing the walks with other walkers. We have spare poo bags at reception if you have forgotten to bring one.
- Your dog should be kept in sight and under control at all times. Hinton Ampner's estate is home to lots of wildlife and farm animals, a temptation for even the best-behaved dog. Please keep your dog on a lead as necessary.
- Our parkland and estate is a fully-functioning commercial farm so dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- Please stick to the paths on the maps; if you do get lost call the number on your map and tell us the last numbered post you walked past and we will come and find you.