Dog walkers' guide to Hinton Ampner
Hinton Ampner is a large estate, set within the heart of the South Downs. We love dogs at Hinton Ampner so we have opened up the wider estate to dog owners to walk their four legged friends.
Although dogs are not allowed in the formal gardens, we have 4 miles of trails and estate walks, including 200 hectares of woodland to explore. All our walks are accessible from our Visitor Reception where you can collect a map of where dogs can roam. Our parkland and estate is a fully-functioning commercial farm so dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
Doggie dos and dont's
To help us ensure our visitors, dogs and wildlife get along, please can you:
- Keep your dog under control on a lead at all times
- Pick up your dog's mess and place it in the bins provided
- Only bring assistance dogs into our buildings
- Avoid leaving dogs in cars on hot days
- All dogs are welcome to sit outside the café but not on top of chairs and tables