Enjoy a family day out at Hinton Ampner
Visiting Hinton Ampner with all the family couldn't be easier. With acres of parkland to explore, plenty of '50 things' adventures to be had and family fun trails to challenge you during the holidays, there is always something for your family to do when you visit.
Want to bounce a ball, throw a frisbee or run free? Help look after our formal garden by heading out to our parkland and enjoy the natural landscape. There's 80 acres of ancient parkland to run around in, play games or hunt for bugs in the trees. Pick up a map at Visitor Reception to start your adventure.
Picnic and play
The gardens and parkland are perfect for a picnic whatever the weather. Spread out the blankets and settle down for the day. We've got great picnic options for kids in the café so why not stockup before you set off to find your perfect picnic spots. You can pitch up in the formal gardens and enjoy the views or set off into the parkland and explore.
50 things to do before you're 11¾
We're family friendly
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, although not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box
- Highchairs and microwave available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.