Ightham Mote Garden volunteers
Garden volunteers help us present the garden at Ightham Mote to the highest possible standard, whilst being a friendly face for visitors to the property and answering any questions they may have.
We don't expect you to be an expert and know all the latin names, merely enthusiastic and willing to help us with the weeding, sowing, propagating and planting. There's also some path maintenance such as sweeping paving, edging lawns and raking gravel (no, we're not talking about Japanese Zen garden patterns.)
" It's beautiful working in the gardens. I'm not into all the Latin names, and the team don't expect you to have great technical knowledge, but I've learnt a lot more."
By getting involved you could...
- Gain an understanding of how a historic garden is managed
- Learn new practical gardening skills
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Improve your communication skills
- Get your hands dirty whilst enjoying the great outdoors