Ilam Park is ideal for families and dog walkers, with gentle riverside walks and a popular tea-room garden with far reaching views across the Italian Gardens towards Dovedale. Open all year round.
Ilam Park is open all year for walks, picnics, wildlife spotting and family adventures outdoors.
Whatever the season or weather, you'll find plenty to discover at Ilam Park.
- There is a 1 mile circular walk in Ilam Park across the parkland, beside the River Manifold and past Ilam Hall. Pick up a free leaflet when you arrive for the route map inside. The route is dog friendly and includes slopes, gates, uneven paths and can be muddy in places.
- Ilam Hall is now used as a YHA youth hostel, offering accommodation all year round. The surrounding gardens and parkland are maintained by a team of National Trust volunteers and rangers, with much of the open parkland grazed year round by sheep.
- Dogs on leads are always welcome to visit Ilam Park, you'll find water bowls and parking hooks by the stableyard and the tea-room.
- There are family trails available every school holiday and there is a permanent orienteering course available all year round.
- Lunches are available in the Manifold Tea-room including seasonal dishes and local favourites such as Derbyshire oatcakes and Derbyshire tealoaf. Alternatively, get your picnic blanket and enjoy a picnic by the River Manifold.