Visiting Morden Hall Park with your dog
Looking for a friendly place to bring your dog? Come along to Morden Hall Park where we’ve got 125 acres of beautiful parkland for you and your pup to explore.
Where can my dog go?
We welcome dogs in all parts of the ground of Morden Hall Park.
Please, always keep your dog on lead if you are:
- in the Rose Garden
- around buildings like Stableyard, Snuff Mill, Cafes, Garden Centre
- around the Adventure Play Area
- on the Wetland Boardwalk
- visiting the Garden Centre
Please, always keep your dog under close control in the open parkland.
Our definition of close control is:
- Being able to recall your dogs in any situation at the first call.
- Being able to clearly see your dog at all times (not just knowing they have gone into the undergrowth or over the crest of the hill). In practice this means keeping them on a footpath if the surrounding vegetation is too dense for your dog to be visible.
- Not allowing them to approach other visitors without their consent.
- Having a lead with you to use if you encounter livestock, wildlife or you are asked to use one
Where can't my dog go?
We allow assistance dogs only in the Potting Shed café.
Please make sure your assistance dog is wearing their identity harness.
What do I need to be aware of at Morden Hall Park?
Follow the Canine Code:
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your pup disturbing wildlife by keeping them on a lead.
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourite places beautiful.
- Paws for thought: look out for information signs.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by.
Please help to keep the park lovely by picking up after your dog and disposing dog waste responsibly by either putting it in ome of the bins provided or taking it home.
There are six dog waste bins around the park, please do use them. Dog waste can be very damaging to both the environment and people’s health.
Please do not hang dog waste bags in the trees.
Our Morden Hall Park map shows where the dog bins are on site.
Facilities available for my dog
There are water bowls outside the Potting shed café, Stableyard cafe and in the plant area of the Garden Centre.
Shopping for my dog
If you're looking to pamper your pup, you can bring your dog right into our Garden Centre and look around our fab selection of dog food, treats and toys.
There is very little shade in our car park, so please don't leave your dog in the car on a hot day. Don’t forget – you can take your dog into most of the grounds and across the estate, so there’s no need for them to miss out.
If you have any concerns about dogs in the park, please let us know right away. You can give us a call at 020 8545 6850, or email email@example.com