Get set, go! Summer Activities for all the family at Mount Stewart
Visit us over the summer and get active with lots of things for families to see and do at Mount Stewart. Take a look at our list below and start planning your adventure.
Get active this summer at the Mount Stewart with something for all the family. Pick up your Get set, go! pack from the courtyard outside Visitor Reception and choose your own adventure!
July & August
- Build it up – Take a walk to our Natural Play Area and build a den, balance on our beams and see what magical creatures you can spot
- Reach the top – Climb up to the Temple of the Winds and take in the views of Strangford Lough
- Catch your breath – Stroll up to our stunning Rose Garden and spend some time in quiet reflection while taking in the beautiful scents of our wonderful roses
- Follow the path - Head up toward the Red Squirrel Hide and see if you can spot some of our resident reds.
- Find your way - Geocaching is an exciting outdoor adventure for the whole family and Mount Stewart demesne is full of hidden digital treasure. All you need is a hand-held GPS or smartphone and a sense of adventure.
- Take a moment – Go for a walk on our trails and head to the Glen Woodland to take a dive into some forest bathing
- Hit the target - Join us for have-a-go sessions with our local archery club, Lough Cuan Bowmen, and test your archery skills - Saturday 7th August
- Roll it along – Try your hand at croquet where the Londonderry family once played - From Sunday 8th August
- Build it up – Join Coach Gary from Scrabo Striders running club for some training sessions in August – Saturday 14th August
- Work together – Play statues and see how long it takes for you all to be found while giving instructions to your team - From Sunday 15th August
- Get set go – Race your family and friends and take your place on our winners podium
Download our property map here: Mount Stewart Property Leaflet 2021 (PDF / 4.9MB) download
- The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers continues to be our top priority.
- Booking your ticket for Mount Stewart is advised at busy time such as weekends and school holidays.
- Sanitising stations are available in all visitor areas, however, please ensure you bring your own if using our Natural Play Area and outdoor spaces.
- We ask that masks are worn in all indoor areas (unless exempt).
- All equipment will be cleaned after use.
- We encourage all visitors to observe current social distancing regulations whilst enjoying the activities.
- Dogs on leads welcome in all areas. For off-lead fun for your four-legged friend, please use our dog exercise area located opposite our Shepherd's Hut.
Why not pop into our tea room on your visit and enoy selection of freshly made food and drink or pick up a snack to go from our horsebox? If you are looking for the perfect gift, or just a treat for yourself, our shop is open daily and offers a fantastic range for all the family.
Visit our beautiful house
Mount Stewart House is open daily from 11am (last entry 3.45pm). Enter to experience this stunning treasure house and find out more about the history of the Londonderry family.
Enjoy our World Class Gardens
The garden reflects a rich tapestry of design and great planting artistry that was the hallmark of Edith, Lady Londonderry. The mild climate of Strangford Lough allows astonishing levels of planting experimentation. The formal areas exude a strong Mediterranean feel and resemble an Italian villa landscape; the wooded areas support a range of plants from all corners of the world, ensuring something beautiful blooming whatever the season.
Take time to explore the Demesne
Mount Stewart is an exceptional example of an Irish demesne, a beautiful and productive estate, with farmland, woodland, orchards and a walled garden providing for the ‘big house’. The demesne is home to five and half miles of walking trails through a truly magical landscape of woodlands and mixed farmland, set within the iconic rolling drumlin landscape of East Down.