1) I grant the National Trust limited, non-exclusive rights to use the images to promote the competition the images were submitted to, or for similar future competitions within a five year period of the winners being announced for the competition that the images concerned were submitted to.
2) All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3) I understand that I must obtain consent from any individual who appears in my photos and that the National Trust will disqualify any entries that result in disagreement over photo consent and model release.
4) In the event of being chosen as a finalist or a winning photographer, I will provide signed consent from any individual who appears in my photographs in the form of a signed model release form provided by the National Trust.
5) In the event that a finalist or winning photographer cannot provide a signed model release form for an individual pictured in their photograph, the National Trust reserves the right to select an alternate finalist from the entry pool.
6) I grant Polesden Lacey permission to reproduce my images for use in the photography exhibition associated with this competition.
7) I, the photographer, will be credited whenever the image is used and published by the National Trust.
8) Images used beyond the promotion of the competition are subject to further negotiation with the photographer, and are independent of the competition. These negotiations would include any retail products and other commercial activity Polesden Lacey may wish to generate and payment to the photographer may be necessary to secure these rights.
File size for competition entries
9) We intend to enlarge the winning entries as part of the autumn photography competition, all images must have a file size of at least 4 MB. We do not advise capturing entries on a smartphone, unless you can ensure that the image is 300pdi in quality. We reserve the right to select an alternative finalist if our first choice is not suitable for print.
Who can enter and how?
10) This competition is open to all residents of the UK, except for employees of the National Trust, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
11) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) Entrants may submit a maximum of two photographs. If an entrant submits any additional photographs above the two photograph limit, these will not be accepted by the judges and only that person’s first two photographs will be acknowledged as official entries.
13) Entrants must include the words ‘celebration of colour’ in their Facebook post or email subject line when submitting an entry.
14) All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 31st July, 2016.
Finalists and 'Photographer of the Year 2016'
15) Ten finalists will be selected and a photograph from each of these people will be enlarged and displayed throughout the house and gardens at Polesden Lacey.
16) One finalist will be selected as the overall winner and named Polesden Lacey’s ‘Photographer of the Year’.
17) Each finalist will receive a commemorative prize from Jo Downs Glass. The overall winner will receive a unique commemorative trophy specially commissioned and created by Jo Downs Glass.
18) The finalists will be announced on Facebook and will receive confirmation via email.
19) If a finalist cannot be contacted or is not available, the judges reserve the right to select another finalist from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date.
20) The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
21) Prizes can only be sent to UK postal addresses. In the case that delivery to a UK postal address is not possible; the prize will be substituted for a gift card to the same value.
22) Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
23) The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
24) English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.