Fun for families at Quarry Bank
We've got lots of ideas for you to have a great day out with your family. From going back in time and learning about children of the past to exploring the great outdoors there's something for everyone to enjoy.
There are a lot of things for families to do on a day out at Quarry Bank but here are six fun ideas to get you started...
1. Watch the different machines whirr and clatter. The machines move at Quarry Bank which makes them fun to see. The huge waterwheel is a definite favourite.
2. Join a family tour of the Apprentice House, where kids can explore how the child workers lived and see if they would have been passed fit to work at Quarry Bank, or sent back to the workhouse...
3. Explore the woods and wander around the beautiful Styal Estate the perfect place to tick off some of your '50 things to do before you’re 11 and 3/4'
4. Pick up a tracker pack in the gardens and search for wildlife. From minibeasts to birds we’ll help you find and identify them.
5. Head to our natural play area to run around and let their imaginations go wild.
6. For the littlest ones, we have free baby and toddler sessions on the second Saturday of every month. Bring them along for storytelling and play just for them.
With trails in the Mill all year round, and activities every school holiday, there is always something new to do whenever you visit Quarry Bank.