Phytophthora ramorum at Quarry Bank
The National Trust is working with the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) to manage Phytophthora ramorum a fungal-like tree and plant disease in the Northern Woods.
1. Paying attention to any site notices- infected areas may be cordoned off and felling/ clearance operations may be taking place
2. Keep dogs on leads at all times – This will reduce the spread of the fungal spores.
3. Keeping to marked paths- to help reduce the chances of picking up contaminated soil or plant debris.
4. Cleaning your footwear- remove any soil or plant debris from footwear after each visit.
5. Not taking plants or cuttings - you could inadvertently introduce infected material into your own garden.
6. Monitoring the health of your own plants – familiarise yourself with the symptoms of Phytophthora by visiting www.forestry.gov.uk/pramorum