Visiting Snowshill: what to expect
The garden, car park, toilets, shop and café are now open. The ground floor of the Manor house is open daily from 11.30am-4.30pm (last entry 3.50pm), with a one-way route in place. Visits inside the manor are limited to ensure social distancing. Entry to the manor is not guaranteed on the day you visit.
We've introduced advance booking to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing. To avoid disappointment please book in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. However, where space is available on weekdays, pre-booking may not always be necessary.
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
When you arrive
- Please have your ticket to hand, and show it to any member of staff who asks for it at visitor reception. If you are a member with a booking, we'll also ask for you to show your membership card.
- Please arrive within your booking slot (e.g between 11 - 11.30am). If you arrive early we may not be able to admit you early due to needing to limit numbers of visitors at the property.
- If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your arrival slot then entry will be at the discretion of the property team.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
What's open and what to expect during your visit
- To keep everyone safe and to ensure social distancing we are limiting numbers however our earlier slots are often fully booked. If you'd like a quieter visit, why not come later earlier in the week?
- The garden is a 10-15 minute walk at a moderate pace from the visitor reception entrance. The garden is easy to find your way around and to distance from other visitors.
- To minimise cross-contamination, we won't be giving out maps, but you can download and print the visitor map before you visit. There'll also be clear signage across the site.
- Toilets: We won't be opening every toilet, and those that are open will be cleaned several times throughout the day, meaning we may need to close them temporarily.
- Manor: The ground floor of the Manor house is open daily 11.30am-4.30pm (last entry 3.50pm), with a one-way route in place. Visits are limited to ensure social distancing and entry to the house is not guaranteed on the day you visit.
- Priest's House: this will remain closed while we work to reopen it safely.
- Shop: The shop is open Wednesdays to Sundays only. Social distancing measures are in place. Please bring a face covering.
- Second-hand bookshop: Currently closed.
- Café: The café is open each day until 4.30pm serving hot and cold drinks, cakes, pastries and pre-packaged snacks. Between 12-2pm there is a limited selection of hot snacks available.
- Picnics: You are welcome to bring your own picnic to enjoy in the orchard located near the visitor reception entrance. Please feel free to bring something to sit on as there isn't any picnic seating.
- Buggy transfer service: Not currently running.
- Parking: The car park is open until 5pm each day. Overnight stays are not permitted. Please call ahead if you are bringing a camper van to book a space - 01386 852410
- Dogs: Only assistance dogs are allowed beyond the entrance into the grounds and garden.