Visiting Snowshill: what to expect
If you would like to visit the manor during your visit, please pre-book your timed ticket using the link in the article below. If you would like a garden-only visit, you do not have to pre-book. During November, Snowshill Manor and Garden is only open on Saturdays and Sundays. Snowshill will close for the winter from Monday 29 November until Monday 14 March 2022.
In this article you'll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
What your visit will look like
During November, Snowshill Manor and Garden is only open at weekends. The property is open from 10.30am - 3.30pm. The Manor is open from 11am - 2.30pm (last entry with 1.30-2pm timed entry ticket). Last admission to the garden is by 2.30pm.
Snowshill will close for the winter from Monday 29 November until Monday 14 March 2022.
Visiting the manor:
- If you would like to see the manor during your visit to Snowshill, you must pre-book your timed entry ticket. Please see below in this article how to book.
- In November, the ground floor of the manor will be open on Saturdays and Sundays only from 11am - 2.30pm (last entry will be with the 1.30-2pm timed entry ticket). The rest of the property will close at 3.30pm.
- Subject to volunteer availability the middle floor may also be open. The top floor remains closed in 2021.We are working hard to open as much of the manor as possible, but please be aware that the visitor route may change at short notice. Please be kind as we all find our way back to normality.
Visiting the garden:
- If you would like to visit the garden, you do not need to pre-book.
- In November, the garden will be open on Saturdays and Sundays only from 10.30am - 3.30pm.
- Within the garden, you can also visit the Priest's House, the cottage where Charles Wade lived.
Other useful information for your visit:
Car park: Open at weekends only from 10.30am - 3.30pm.
Camper vans or larger vehicles: Our car park is quite small so please call ahead on 01386 852410 if you are brining a larger vehicle with you to book a parking space. No overnight stays are permitted.
Café: Weekends only, 10.30am - 3.30pm.
Shop: Weekends only, 10.30am - 3.30pm.
Second-hand bookshop: Weekends only, 10.30am - 3pm.
Toilets: located at visitor reception, café and the garden. Please note, accessible toilets are only available at visitor reception and the café.
Accessibility and Buggy transfer service: Not currently running. Please see our access statement for full access information. If you require assistance during your visit, please ask at visitor reception as alternative access can be arranged.
Dogs: Only assistance dogs are allowed.
Staying safe: Face coverings are recommended in enclosed and crowded areas.
Booking your timed entry ticket for the manor
- The time on your pre-booked ticket is for your entry window to the manor itself. You can enter the manor anytime within the half hour entry window you have booked. To book, click the link in the box below.
- The manor is a 10-15 minute walk from the car park and visitor reception - please arrive early to allow enough time to check in at visitor reception and to get to the manor for your entry time.
- Members book for free. Non-members will pay admission at time of booking.
- On busy days, there may be a short queue at both visitor reception and the manor front door. We thank you for your patience.
- There are only a limited number of tickets available to visit the manor each day so we can ensure the conservation of the manor and collection, as well as to allow visitors the time and space to enjoy their visit.
- In 2021, only the ground floor of the manor will be open every day. Subject to volunteer availability the middle floor will also be open. The top floor will remain closed for 2021.