Eating at Speke Hall
The gardens, restaurant and shop at Speke are now open 362 days a year so whether you're in the mood for an award-winning jam and cream scone or a warm, hearty lunch, you're guaranteed something tasty at Speke Hall every time you visit.
Home Farm Restaurant
The Restaurant seats around 70 with additional outdoor seating in the courtyard. Hot food is served between 12 and 2pm. We've got a great range of hot drinks, soup, sandwiches and cakes but there are always delicious specials available so don't forget to check the menu boards when you're here and see what's new.
Festive specials are served Fri-Sun over our Christmas events and include:
- Festive turkey lunch with all the trimmings (crispy roast potatoes, Brussel sprouts, sweet carrots, fresh garden peas, pigs in blankets, stuffing, mini Yorkshire pudding, horseradish and redcurrant jelly)
- Veggie festive lunch (a traditional lunch without the meat and stuffing but with extra helpings of fresh veg and veggie gravy)
- Yorkshire pudding wrap - roast beef served with rocket, horseradish and gravy drizzle, wrapped in a toasted Yorkshire pudding
- Hot turkey barm – Succulent turkey slices served in a warm flour bun with lashings of stuffing and redcurrant jelly
- Festive Panini (V) – Quality brie served with red currant jelly & spinach in a hot Panini with mixed leaf garnish.
- Why not add on a portion of our crispy roast potatoes (select from slated, herbed or have them with lashings of gravy)?
- Chocolate yule log
- Raspberry and white chocolate scone served with Jingle Berry jam and fresh cream
- Mulled wine muffins
- Christmas chocolate dipped shortbread
Winter specials include:
- Traditional beef scouse with pickled cabbage and crusty bread
- Hearty chicken & mustard pie with puff pastry lid
- Pan Haggerty or wild mushroom and barley pie with puff pastry lid
- Selection of hot jacket potatoes with mixed leaf garnish and hand-made coleslaw
- Pork pie wedge served with onion chutney or red currant jelly, with a mixed leaf garnish
- Toasted ham & smoked cheese Panini, served with mixed leaf garnish
- Seasonal soup served with crusty bread & butter – Pease check specials board each day
- Warm Wet Nelly served with hot custard
- Butter walnut cake
Stable Tea Room
Our cosy Stable Tea Room seats 25 and serves a menu of lighter snacks, cakes and hot and cold drinks. It's ideal for a warming tea or coffee after a winter walk. On sunny days, the small walled courtyard at the back is the perfect spot for al fresco tea and cake.
Cheshire Farm Ice Cream Kiosk
The kiosk next to the maze sells a great range of delicious and award-winning local Cheshire Farm ice creams. Flavours include vanilla, chocolate, honeycomb, mint choc chip, strawberry and banana & toffee. Try one when you're next here!
Special dietary requirements
We have a good range of gluten and dairy free options on our normal and can even bake you vegan scones to order! Ask one of the restaurant team and they'll be able to bring a piping hot scone to your table in 20 minutes. If you have any specific queries about dishes, please contact our Catering team on 0151 728 5854 or email email@example.com